Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Florida Blog Flashback: 'Watching My First Magic Game at the O-rena'

April 9,2008 ORLANDO, FL - "From the view you see here in this digital photograph (taken from my cell phone's camera), this is what $38.00 could bring you. That's how much a co-worker/friend paid for my ticket. It was very nice of him to have one of my dreams come true: to watch a live Orlando Magic basketball game at the O-rena (a/k/a Amway Arena). Originally, I was planning to save up some of my money to watch some home games for the next season ... Describing the picture itself, this was before the start of the game between the Magic (led by 2008 Slam Dunk Champion - Dwight Howard) and the Bulls (which featured Florida Univ alum - Joakim Noah). All the players were on-hand doing their usual warm-ups and stretches. The experience itself was awesome as it was the first time in a long time that I've seen an NBA game live. The last moment was an NBA exhibition game in Norfolk, VA when Hampton native Allen Iverson and the 76ers faced Norfolk native Joe Smith and the Golden State Warriors in 1998 ... The game itself was a thrill! I finally get to see several three pointers, slam dunks, and off-balance layups happen right before my very eyes without the use of a high def television. The Magic started off slowly in the first quarter and then later gained a sizeable lead as the game was drawing to a close. Final score 115-83."

No comments: