Wednesday, July 14, 2010

7/14 PHOTO BLOG: "Me with the Jordan statue @ United Center"

7/11/2010: Posing near the Michael Jordan statue @ United Center - Chicago, IL

When I was young, I loved basketball. But when Michael Jordan played with greatness, it was more than just the sport alone that I had passion for. It was about overcoming adversity and challenges in life, even through some of the most difficult times when things seemed impossible. MJ is a great icon for every kid to look up to. He exemplified what it took to be a true athlete with God-given abilities and at the same time, handling himself humbly off-the-court....MJ lives in everyone that loves to shoot hoops or dunk a ball. As for me, it's all about the jump shots and fade aways that I mimicked from MJ...I've had some memorable plays on-the-court that'll forever live in me and the people that were around seeing me do my best...And it was only last year that I bought a couple of MJ kicks and gear. Wearing those make me appreciate MJ with a lot of pride as I can now say to myself, "I wanna be like Mike."

Even better - I came to United Center feeling inspired again after seeing the statue of MJ.

No comments: