Thursday, October 15, 2009

Setting the bar/standards as a 35 year old...

Just a few days ago (9/30th to be exact), it was my birthday. I have now surpassed 35 years of my life. Time is passing by fast and so is age. And then there are always things that come to mind being that age. Looking back, I am able to figure out some of the elements in my life that still need major improvement. So I've decided to set the bar and standards in trying to get the high quality of my life to happen. That means some major cleaning up to do in certain areas. The most important ones revolve around my spiritual walk with God (in which I'm currently in a cell group with the fellas from Wave Church), my career goals that I have yet to accomplish (after years of schooling/courses, temp jobs, average jobs, etc. - I was thinking more on the lines of real estate or sales), and setting forth my own personal goals in life (having a relationship w/ someone special making a family together, getting our first home, family vacations, traveling, etc.). These are hard to come by if I do not take the following seriously ..... Sometimes with these things come sacrifices/cutbacks on the fun times and limiting/ridding of any distractions around me. Just a few weeks ago, I've decided to delete a couple of people from MySpace and Facebook. Two have went 'anti' against me on my decision but I think it's better that way. There is absolutely no room for people who act crude or those that have forgotten me already. And then there are others that simply can't take care of themselves regarding their goals in life. I don't want their problems to be mine's. I must move on and so must they - until God puts us all back into the fold at some point in time for some spectacular reunion filled with jubilation .... I'm very sensitive to a lot of areas these days and that's what's great about being the 35 year old I am. I deal with every issue conforming to the 'microwave society' as we are today, but there is still that 'kid-in-me' who just wants to smile and appreciate what each day has to offer .... The easy part was saying it with this blog. So now comes the most difficult part: making all of this come true.

No comments: