Thursday, June 09, 2011

My Honda Civic, flooded again

My '01 Honda Civic was one of many vehicles parked at the flooded residents-only lot. The storm (backed with its fierce powerful lightning) arrived last night but I assumed that the worst portion of this nasty weather came around the time I was working (at about 6 or 7am in the morning). It was pouring hard at my job assignment in Woodridge so I was very certain that it was also happening in Aurora. I didn't had any worries of my Civic because I haven't witnessed any floodwater activity in the parking lot firsthand since our move last November. But I guess I can learn now, especially with what just happened. Whenever these storms exist and a flash flood watch is a possibility, I must take necessary precautions to park my vehicle to the area where there is higher ground. In addition to that, I must not be near the sewage area as that may form a huge puddle of water in the beginning...The interior didn't seem to look bad. My rubber mats held most of the water. However, it's still damp and moist. I look forward to taking most of the moisture buildup hopefully by tomorrow. The Civic's a survivor as it braved weather conditions as well as age. She's still hanging in there despite the engine being halfway in the water. And make this the second time. Previously, she had her first share of flood waters a few months ago while it was parked at my manager's home during a party....Civic still got a couple of years and miles left for more highlights and milestones to come. But I definitely won't call this latest situation a 'highlight.'

No comments: