Friday, June 03, 2011

Gonna bring back the word, 'FRESH'

I haven't heard the word 'FRESH' in years. I felt inspired last night. One of my friends posted the word on Facebook and I'm saying to myself 'why not use it again?' Last time I uttered that word was back in middle school. That would be 1986-1988. Back in those days, many hip-hop artists coined the word 'FRESH' into their awesome rhymes. And then it would trend to the general public as the youth were saying this word so often. Then, as the years went by, it got lost. The same with another word: 'DEF' which got a burial as seen through TV. Hopefully there'll be a resurgence of those words again, especially for the youth today who are opened to anything and everything that's in front of them. Those words 'FRESH' and 'DEF' are thought to be extinct, but deep inside every one of us, it still resonates and very much alive. And I'm gonna start using those words again like it was yesterday. It should be fun to associate 'freshness' back into the mainstream starting with the Chicago area, as well as in the Facebook world.

No comments: