Thursday, February 18, 2010

Facing another new world

I've finally made it to the southwestern area of Chicago. It was a really long 15+ hour drive that started off in Virginia Beach, VA. The journey itself lasted around a day and a half, thanks in part to a brief stayover at a hotel in Bedford, PA [adjacent to the exit on the Pennsylvania Turnpike] ... Through all the driving can pose some challenges. That meant keeping caution to a clipper winter storm that was about to make its presence known during the time I'm about to leave. Originally, I was intending to cut through different states to avoid toll roads but someone thought about the latter. She said that it would be also adviseable to take those as a way to save an hour's worth of driving time, as well as go further on to avoid the worst weather coming in. The most intimidating parts to driving were the up & down, zig-zag roads on the Pennsylvania Turnpike AND the possible freeze of roads exiting Indiana towards Illinois on route 80 (while it was snowing) ... After that was all said and done, its now another chapter in my life. I'm facing another new world. I look back at my yesterdays in Hampton Roads, VA and in Orlando, FL - and I know exactly what's in store. Illinois will take some getting used to, for sure, especially having to know all the routes, places, and people, in general. The one thing I'm blessed so far is having the chance to work again. That feeling alone puts a big smile on my face because it's been a struggle not having to work since the first week of December, in addition to not getting unemployment benefits. I'm glad most of the frustration is gone now. I can start anew. It's time to script another chapter in life - and seeing how far this'll go.

No comments: