Thursday, August 06, 2009

I'm not the same guy in Virginia that everyone remembers...

Gone are the days I mingled interactively in-person to the community. I was everywhere left and right making visits to see friends. Now, I'm doing all of this virtually and controlling the flow of my conversations mostly with a group of close friends & former coworkers from both the Orlando and Virginia Beach/Norfolk area via Facebook and MySpace... Gone are the days I used to film a whole lot of home video movies with my Hi-8 mm camcorder in which I was trying to capture different community-related events that also featured my friends there. Afterwards, I would unleash the video footages on my official website OR I would make a small DVD for my friends. Now, I film footages of my family members/ friends during small gatherings and/or small vacations using the FLIP digital camcorder. Once that is complete, I upload most of them to YouTube for all the world to see. Rather than to put too much emphasis on production and video conversion (me and my technical terms...lol), I thought its best to just stream all-out on the internet instead. So yeah, what was once so big with hype has turned into a personal, miniscule film project these days. I still deliver, however, as people get the chance to be introduced to my world through these small video footages from my FLIP...Gone are the days I used to involve myself heavily with the Filipino-American community of Hampton Roads. That was a chapter of my life in which I learned so much about being a 'filipino' but nowadays, I don't plan on going back to volunteering with them anytime soon. I would rather carry on putting as much time to develop and craft my personal/professional goals. I also want to get ready to start a family one day. The Fil-Am community here will certainly thrive in bigger things for sure and it can move on without my involvement. To this very day since my comeback to VA, I have not attended a single Fil-am event. The only thing closest to that would be attending church ... Gone are the days I have foresaken my brother. I am now one with him, as brothers, as the best of friends. I will now put family-first among everybody that comes in the way in my life. Now, he's among the most important ... Gone are my ways of how I used to live my life before I moved to Orlando. Now, I've come back 'a new man' and realizing that there are more challenges ahead in the times to come ... Gone are my ways in the public eye being noticed here and there. Now, I opt for privacy and staying away from the limelight for the most part, but being close and present to the ones that I love ... Gone are the last 2 ex-girlfriends that have caused me burden the last few years making me so depressed. I had no motivation. I felt like it was the end. I was not happy. Now, I'm filled with a lot of love everywhere including a wonderful Christian group I've come to know in Central Florida, having a wonderful girlfriend that states away, and coming back to a family that is happy to have their loved one home. And gone are the days I've neglected my health being so fat and chunky. I'm actively exercising these days and loving it maintaining my lean shape that I've had in Orlando.......I'm not the same guy in Virginia that everyone remembers.

No comments: