Sunday, July 08, 2007

CLASSIC MYSPACE BLOG:"1996-2006: My Time Is Up! "

Sunday, November 26, 2006 - MYSPACE BLOG

For the last ten years or so, I devoted myself to the Filipino community (in the Hampton Roads area in VA) being a volunteer at certain events as well as certain organizations (despite a few political differences going on between them) and helping out a good number of people individually. My last service was teaming up with my friend Randy (of Seaport Grille restaurant located in Chesapeake's Great Bridge area) helping out candidate and YFPHR (Young Fil-Am Professionals of Hampton Roads) member Lyndon Remias, who emerged victorious in a school board election last May. Now, it's time for me to expand my horizons furthermore beyond this community umbrella and move into bigger things ahead, which includes shaping up my goals to their potential (chasing that dream of an awesome career) and volunteering elsewhere (American Cancer Society, United Way, etc.). It's been a long time coming and the waiting is finally over ... The Filipino community has been great to me here, but I think it's time for me to move on - for the best interests in both of us (me and them). I felt that I've done enough on my part and I'd like to be remembered for what I did - whether it's through various organizations or helping out as an individual to a certain person(s) solving their problems ... And so my reign as a volunteer (in my own community) finally ends, my association ceases with the YFPHR and another chapter begins ... It's so neat to script a new story into my life as I face the freshness of a bold, new daring adventure - on my own and the way I've always envisioned it without limits.

No comments: