Friday, June 22, 2007

"Watching my life go down"

"Watching my life go down! ... watching my life go down!" ... Or is it not? Don't worry. My life isn't really going down, folks. It's just the verse of an old R&B song from a couple of years ago called "Full Of Smoke" by the duo named Christion (formerly from the Roc-A-Fella label) in which I kept singing to myself on the way home today. It was so catchy that in my mind, it kept repeating and repeating. This was one of the first line of neo-soul tracks from back in the day. Then along came more neo-soul artists to listen to such as John Legend, India Arie, Musiq Soulchild, and Macy Gray, all of whom I am still getting to know their style, their grooves in my iPod. I hope there'll be more neo-soul artists in the times to come .... And once again, my life is not going down. lolz. It's just a song :)

No comments: