Sunday, June 24, 2007

A "SHAZAM" movie in-the-future with Brandon Molale & Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson???


Image Sources: (movies.go.com,yahoo.com,art.com,wikipedia.org)
Actual artworks: Alex Ross, J.G. Smith


Will there be a "Shazam" movie in sight starring both Brandon Molale ("The Longest Yard"/"Mr. Deeds"/"Balls of Fury") and wrestler-turned-action star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson ("The Scorpion King"/"Gridiron Gang"/"Doom")? It may be possible, but problem is, a script hasn't been even written yet. However, many in the internet world want to consider Molale in vying for the role of DC Comics-based hero Shazam (the protagonist/good guy) and "The Rock" (the antagonist/ baddie) going for the opposite as Black Adam. Molale (an actor who has mostly played supporting roles throughout the years) is overwhelmed of the attention that is happening. And perhaps this could be his opportunity to have a signature role, like it was for Brandon Routh, an unknown actor, who took over Christopher Reeve's memorable role as Superman - the most famous DC Comics character up-to-date!

He stated to EOnline: "There's a lot going on. My name and The Rock are the two names. I had people contact me over a year ago about this. So I said, Hey, you know what, look. If there's any DC or Marvel character that I look like, it's this guy. The similarities are ridiculous. I said I would love to do it. The script hasn't even been written yet. But I'm just flattered that they're even considering me. I was shocked. They're making every comic-book movie as it is, and it's like, you know, I know my abilities as an actor. I'm a good actor. I just need someone to give me something I can sink my teeth into"

Molale also would consider having "The Rock" aboard saying, "You know, he works out in my gym, and I've known Dwayne for years. I was in 'The Rundown' with him. So, it's, like, he's a great guy.There's a character named Black Adam in the Captain Marvel world. And he's actually evil. And [The Rock] looks a lot more like Black Adam than he does Captain Marvel. So, I would love to see him play the bad guy. You don't ever see Dwayne play the bad guy…and who doesn't want to be the villain?!"

Brandon Molale and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson did indeed starred together in "The Rundown," as Molale noted on his quote.

"The Rock" continues his hot streak of success as a big time action star in the movies after leaving the wrestling world not-too-long-ago playing one of the most memorable characters in the World Wrestling Federation (now called "World Wrestling Entertainment" aka WWE) known to trash-talk his opponents and "laying the smackdown on someone's candy a**!" However, he does put time to always show once-in-a-while on the WWE's wrestling show "Raw" for his fans on some occassions, so a comeback to wrestling is possible.

Let's hope Hollywood will listen. Seems that even the fans themselves already have the perfect choices! I definitely would agree - Molale and "The Rock" are ideal for the roles of Shazam and Black Adam. They even look the part! Look at the images very closely. Totally cool, huh.

You two got my vote.

Ahhh, the comic-book-to-movie ideas continue on and on. With the success of "Spider-Man 3," the trend will never end.


No comments: