Thursday, January 18, 2007

Finding peace in the woods ...



If you live somewhere around the city, there will always be the noises, the distractions, the added stress coming from the people you face and so forth – good enough to give you that big headache for a day. As these become prevalent day-in and day-out, we all come to wonder about an outlet or a place of isolation and remoteness that can let us put these factors aside for the meantime. It’s like we need that escape to a world where we can free ourselves from the daily torment we constantly go against … I look up to the woods as my place of solitude. I feel so much at peace with myself. I can focus deeply on the issues I face without having to be frequently interrupted. Also, the woods help me find more of my identity within and breaking away from most of the ever-changing society’s influences. I can see my reflection so clearly while looking at the lake. I sense the feel of nature’s loving embrace from the mighty wind and breeze that blow amongst the leaves. Taking a moment to be here relieves me from my everyday worries and everyday problems. As if I can regain a renewed sense of optimism, focus, and drive to succeed in my daily goals. I can really feel that … Perhaps writer Henry David Thoreau’s idea of living life in the woods can get us more in touch with nature itself as well as discovering more about ourselves and our purpose/direction in life, too.

No comments: