Saturday, August 11, 2012

Photobucket

I feel happy for Dwight Howard. If I were in that same similar situation to go for another opportunity elsewhere, I'd be excited, too. He finally got his wish to leave the city of Orlando and their team - the Magic. After months of questions and speculation from the media as to where he will go, the destination wounded up to be Los Angeles and their team - the Lakers. I respect Dwight, but not as much like before. Had he handled his free agency business properly as well as saying his own remarks carefully (especially when he mentioned about his 'supposed' loyalty for the Magic -- remember that?), maybe I would respect him to the highest, like 100%. Dwight going to the Lakers is a great business deal in sports, especially for his former team - the Magic as well as other teams that made this trade happen. However, as an Orlando Magic fan, I think this team got the short end of the stick. We had no big-name stars coming from this and I'm sorely disappointed like any Magic fan out there. GM Rob Hennigan didn't do a good job delivering one awesome superstar in the now. But maybe I'm judging too early as the season hasn't started yet. Perhaps these unknowns can really play ball like to the level of (let's say) the Indiana Pacers, who almost knocked the Heat out of the East Conference playoffs last season. At least the Magic have finally moved on from this - but haven't learned from the Shaq situation from years ago. If this persists, then perhaps Orlando needs to be under new management and get someone who knows the organization so well (like, uhm, Shaq!). He'd be a great consultant to the team and I'm happy he's still a resident in the Orlando area ... Going back to Dwight, I wish him the best and I hope he continues to be happy. I'm a Dwight Howard fan so I am keeping the Orlando Magic jersey (like I did with Shaq's years ago).

No comments: