Thursday, May 17, 2012

Donna Summer (1948-2012)

Photobucket

The music world lost its disco queen today. Donna Summer, 63, lost her battle to lung cancer. She is known for her hits "Bad Girls", "On The Radio", "Hot Stuff", "Love To Love You Baby", "Last Dance" and "She Works Hard for the Money." Her influence to generations in the music business remains as strong as ever ... I enjoyed listening to the 'Bad Girls' album in 1979 when I was just 5 years old living in South Korea (when my father was stationed there). I will have to look for the 'Crayons' album in which she released a few years ago. I listened to it before and I was amazed how well she sounded vocally with today's music style. That is most certainly going to be in my iPod as a playlist ... Rest In Peace, Donna Summer.

No comments: