Wednesday, April 18, 2012

With the surprise instant elimination of show-fave Jesse Campbell, I will no longer watch 'The Voice' on NBC for the rest of this season. I find it unfair as it favors others to win the competition instead. I was hooked on it for the last few months seeing who will make it to the finals and I hoped that Jesse would be 'in-it-to-win-it.' But that didn't happen probably thanks in part to the NBC producers, showrunners, what have you, etc. who wanted to go with their own terms of a better direction for the show. I know Christina Aguilera didn't want to get rid of Jesse, personally, but she ultimately had no choice having to sacrifice someone great from her team. She played fiddle to what the producers want and they got it. Jesse Campbell IS The Voice, hands down. Every week, he took it up a notch with his performance that seemed so ever flawless and well loved by the audiences everywhere. No offense, but I don't think Team Christina team member Lyndsey is better than Jesse. She's still in the show and has survived. These shows can be as addictively entertaining but later comes those rules - that come from nowhere. I wish they'd stick to the rules of letting it be America's choice on deciding who wins and who goes home. I guess I'll have to look forward to next season. And I still have mad love for the judges - Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green, Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton. They're a fun bunch and I hope they'll get the greatest talents out there that'll rightfully be given that opportunity to vie and win the coveted title as The Voice!

No comments: