Saturday, April 28, 2012

Photobucket

I got into my first vehicle accident since 1994. But it's a different scenario compared to the time when I was just a 2nd year college student in Norfolk, VA heading home from school and later getting my mom's red '85 Dodge Omni spun in the traffic intersection (because of someone's negligence of failing to stop at a stop light). Enter 2012 at 3:15PM on an April 25th, Thursday. I'm now a company driver operating a company vehicle which is a '08 Toyota Sienna. I was with a crew of 3 (which included myself). We were at a red light on the intersection of River St & New York St in the heart of downtown Aurora, IL. Everything seemed okay for the first 20 seconds as we all had a conversation going on in the van - until a lady in her '06 Buick Lucerne rear-ended us from behind. First, I was wondering what kind of damage the van had and second, to see if the lady herself was okay from the impact. So we both had to park awkwardly to the right of New York St (as pictured above) before the local police would arrive. It turns out that there was no significant damage (to the vehicles) or injury of any kind to both parties. However, through company policies and procedures (because after all - we were in a company vehicle), the accident must still be reported. I'm relieved that everyone is okay.

No comments: