Saturday, October 29, 2011

Photobucket

Three years ago, I bought my first Garmin nuvi GPS (200 series) from a Best Buy store in the Osceola County area of Orlando, Florida. It was a simple, easy-to-use navigational gadget which helped me travel from Point A to Point B - and back. And in later months and years, it helped me with travels from Florida to Virginia and from Virginia to Illinois. There were minimal errors in its mappings but as soon as I went to live in Illinois, it really needed a major update. I was able to deal with it for a while until I realized that the simulated image of the car looked like it was flying to incomplete routes on the GPS screen. That wasn't just the worst of it. The cable that helped charge the nuvi 200 to my vehicle was apparently damaged. With that happening, the unit couldn't charge troublefree anymore. It was charging and then it wasn't. The situation itself was annoying. Of all that I've mentioned, I realized that it was time to finally get a newly updated version of the nuvi. So I looked to Best Buy's website online and found a nuvi in particular that I want. It is another nuvi - the LM 1300. The price was affordable at about $108.00 and it has everything that I wished for.

Let's break it down here:
- FREE Lifetime Map Updates (up to 4 times a year). If I had to update my old Garmin nuvi 200 device once, it would cost me between ($75-90). So buying a new GPS would entirely make perfect sense.
- Speaks street names and interstate numbers. The Garmin nuvi 200 only mentioned turning left and right. Again, this is why buying a new GPS makes perfect sense once again. Most recent Garmin GPS models have this feature now.
- GPS can be used for either vehicle or pedestrian use. Now one can know how many minutes he/she can get there either walking or driving to a destination.
- Widescreen. Gotta love Widescreen!
- Great features (I totally dig the Australian-accented lady's voice heard on my LM1300)

I definitely went a major step-up after purchasing the LM 1300. I look forward to it being with me on the long run, including lengthy trips and driving in different states. So far, it's benefiting me when it comes to dealing with routes associated to my work's assigned locations. I have no regrets at all in buying a new Garmin nuvi. The timing couldn't be better, right? Right!

No comments: