Friday, September 23, 2011

Photobucket

Today is the last episode of ALL MY CHILDREN, after 41 years on-the-air. Feels like the best friend in the whole wide world is bidding bye bye to all of us who have stuck with it since. I haven't watched AMC since the late 90s, but there were some times that I kept tuning in. As it started drawing to a close, I watched every episode from my DVR. I'm gonna miss the values it instills and the magic that every actor brings in the characters they portray ... I must say my feelings are mixed because the ending wasn't what I expected it to be. It just made me ask for more questions leading up to the cliffhanger involving the JR character (played by Jacob Young, who always gives out his all-out brilliantness as the always-mad, always-angry son of Adam Chandler)...I'm so bummed out now that it's finally off from ABC, as its being replaced by a NEW home/cooking show called THE CHEW. I hope that don't last long. It probably won't anyways ... But back to AMC, it's to be given a new life from Prospect Park, who bought the show along with OLTL (One Life To Live). Most likely it won't be the same with most of the regulars, but I'd give it a try. Better than nothing, right? Cheers to all the actors and behind-the-scene crew that made AMC what it was and what it'll be remembered for. And thanks to one Walt Willey (playing Jackson Montgomery) who was able to send me e-mail messages in-between his plans back in the late-90s. Maybe one of these days, I'll see him doing his comedy thing in Ottawa, IL (his hometown).

No comments: