Wednesday, September 07, 2011

I had a 2nd job as of Sunday (before Labor Day), but the next day, I decided to call it quits. Sounds crazy, but believe me, it was for the right intentions. I was employed exclusively by a major shoe company that sponsors some of the biggest names in sports including one iconic, now-retired basketball star from Chicago (you know who...LOL). My job was working as an associate that deals with stocking and replenishing items in the store. Great job duties and everything seems so fast pace. Next thing I know, I'm like, 'I'm in a break now?' I should've gotten myself a watch because I can't have my Blackberry on the sales floor. The co-workers are all great and friendly. However, that night would turn out to be my last, unfortunately. Looks like my hours from my 1st job didn't work out well with the store's. It just conflicted. I did notify the manager during the screening interview that I would be available after 2 weeks time, but I guess they were desperate for good workers out there. I can only assume they got rid of employees who just didn't value the company's goals and vision. I got nothing to complain about this company and their goals. It's a good job, especially if one wants to burn calories and be on-the-go every hour/ on the hour. But man, it would've been great if everything flowed together (in regards to the scheduling between the two jobs). I really would've loved to have kept the job opportunity. I guess I'll have to check out for more in the upcoming times ahead, but probably not on the retail sector. Maybe working in a temp job at an office environment would suffice. Gotta start sending out copies of my resume before the year ends. I can't be doing the same thing forever. It's time to step up and get out of this latest setback because of my scheduling. As the saying goes, 'Good Things comes to those who wait.'

No comments: