Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Music Beta by Google ---- your music collection streamed for your listening pleasure!

Just a few days ago, I was invited to the Music Beta Google app by my friend Gary via Google+. And now, I'm using this like a 'madman on a mission.' It enables us to upload up to 10,000 songs for FREE. Right now, I am uploading up to 2,000+ MP3/AAC files from my music collection via iTunes that are currently stored in my new 1TB hard drive. Some of 'em may not work out because its encoded with DRM (Digital Rights Management). As far as everything goes, they're transferring in impressive fashion through the Comcast/Xfinity high-speed powered internet. Songs are uploading like a breeze. That's way, way faster than the days when we used peer-to-peer network via Napster with our dial-in modem. Remember that? Lol. Glad we don't ever have to look into those days again. As technology innovations and breakthroughs go, it just makes it easier for us (end users) to enjoy the comfort of the PC no matter what internet type of activity we are doing such as uploading music (a long time hobby for many now, I'm sure). But going back to Music Beta Google app - it is a convenience for me. Its my own virtual hard drive of songs on cloud nine. I don't have to take my hard drive along, especially if I'm on vacation. My computer and laptops are working well so far streaming my music collection from Music Beta and hopefully with my future HTC EVO phone (THE phone gadget for next year) which has the capabilities (as my Blackberry Curve doesn't have the juice to load and play songs properly --- and YES, it rebooted in front of me -- AACK! lol). I'm all good with everything. So far, Music Beta by Google ROCKS!  It delivers! I hope this service will go on for free.

No comments: