Thursday, August 25, 2011


"I have always said that if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know," ... "Unfortunately, that day has come." - Steve Jobs, 8/24/2011

Photobucket



Yesterday left me in great shock of disbelief saying to myself, "This can't happen to Steve Jobs. Apple needs Steve Jobs. And Steve Jobs needs Apple. Without each other, they can't exist."

Looks like they will have to part ways (sort of) being it that he resigned as CEO but still remains as one of the members of Apple's board. His shift now is to bravely fight the symptoms of pancreatic cancer - something more farther, deep and scarce rather than something created from scratch or upgraded in the digital plantation. All we can hope for is the absolute betterment of his health perhaps trying to achieve more breakthroughs in technology innovations with the time he still has left to live. He's got a big digital footprint, that's for sure!



Photobucket

Steve Jobs isn't dead - not by a long shot. The man is still living and should continue to be revered and praised as one of the greatest revolutionary icons in the technological world that exists today, and even in mainstream American/global pop culture. He helped (and continues to) innovate all this useful technology making it easy & fun, especially for graphic artists and multimedia gurus. Let's not forget too that he revised Xerox's idea of the graphic user interface and making it better. That's the pointing-clicking-scrolling you do now with your mouse or fingerpad, touch-screen and what-have-you on any one of the devices and gadgets that are in the market then AND now - from the MacBooks to the iPods to the iPhone. Wow, that's a long time from the heydays when he and co-founder Steve Wozniak came up with the made-from-scratch wooden computer in the late 70s.

Personally, I am happy of Steve and Apple's achievements as the company's been a part of my life. I wouldn't be enjoying technology like I am now especially with my 4th Gen 20GB iPod (still going strong since 2004) and my 3rd Gen 4GB iPod Nano (that plays my favorite music videos and movies, too). They're just soooo awesome. I also enjoyed having an Apple computer of my own to do my graphic design artwork during my college days in the mid-90s. In the future perhaps, I'll own another Mac computer again. For now, me and Rizz are blessed to have a MacBook from 2007 that has been loaned to us from a dear friend. This'll give me an opportunity to be refreshed and become familiar with the Mac environment and all the plethora of apps (after so many years using Windows at home and at my previous workplaces). Maybe along the way, an iPhone 5, 6, or 7 can be the next best thing, too. We shall see, folks.

Thanks, Steve for all that you've done and sharing your technological vision with the world. We look forward to more in the times ahead.

No comments: