Saturday, June 04, 2011

'X-Men: First Class' doesn't convince me at all to watch it in theaters

Photobucket

I'm sure most of you agree with me on this: the last X-Men movie ('The Last Stand')sucked big time! I didn't liked the story. I didn't liked what happened to some of the main characters. I didn't liked it all - period. That right there put my hopes down. I could care less about a prequel right now unless they correctify the events from 'The Last Stand.' There's gotta be a follow-up to that movie. It has to be awesome like 'X-Men 2: X-Men United.' But THAT is SOOOO unlikely to happen (for now) as there's this hyped-up prequel titled: 'X-Men: First Class' which explains the origins of the superhero mutant team in the year 1962 ... Ok, so there was a movie preview of the flick. I was looking forward to it with some (errr) anticipation, but I am wondering who these stars are. I see there are those dudes from 'Wanted' and '300' but it just brings little spark of interest. The rest of the cast are mostly a bunch of unknowns, some of which are kinda known to the world. There is Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz's daughter, Zoe and Jennifer Lawrence (Winter's Bone). But still, these not-so-A-list stars cannot help bring so much of the starpower and hype - even my hype, for that matter...ANNNND, 20th Century Fox also put my hopes down, as well. They have total creative control of this Marvel Comic superhero adaptation in live-action movie format. And (gasp) Marvel can't? What? No way. YES WAY. All of the potential that Marvel can do to fix it up just can't happen with this movie. The story right up to the effects seem to need a little more fixing. The trailer alone shows that to me already. That Marvel-ness is missing big time. It doesn't have the formulaic feel like Marvel Studios-helmed flicks 'The Incredible Hulk', 'Iron Man' 1 & 2, and 'Thor.' Time will only tell that the Sony-in-charge 'Amazing Spider-Man' movie will be as decent as the Maguire-starrer/Raimi-directed trilogy......Of all that I've said here, I will have to wait till 'X-Men: First Class' comes to redbox rental in a few more months. It'd be interesting to check it for a $1 or $1.50 out as a home video DVD/blu-ray release. That's only how much this movie will take out of my pocket.

No comments: