Thursday, June 02, 2011

Dwight Howard's Going His Path In Orlando (for now)..Results Pending

Photobucket

I felt inspired yesterday and today donning Dwight Howard's #12 Orlando Magic (away colors) Adidas swingman jersey. I couldn't be happier hearing the news that he's going his own path and sticking to the city of Orlando for the time being. That's unprecedented news indeed, especially coming from a star-caliber athlete who is capable of landing big in a good team after next season. He wants to work with Magic management and get this whole campaign going filled with dedicated players, personnel, the works! This would translate Orlando from a smaller market to a big, robust market in which the city can get a lot of revenue from the Magic's success under Howard's leadership on-the-court. So that means he'd be around for the next few years. With that in mind, we're in the works of possibly moving there soon - and perhaps I can see more of Dwight & the Magic at the awesome Amway Center (in which I haven't went there yet). I did, however, went to the Amway Arena (their old home) in 2008 and 2009 before I moved back to Virginia - and then later on, in Chicago ... So Dwight's proposal is in limbo right now as the Magic have yet to let him sign that extension and make that promise to make the necessary changes to their key components (the players). I know they'll get him - and the guys they need (calling Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets).May the force be with you, Dwight, as you are in the photo with Chewbacca in Disney's Star Tours. I wish he'd be a part of your Magic line-up. LOL. And to end this off, I'll do what Dwight usually does to end his blog: "Yuuuuuuuuuuuuua."

No comments: