Friday, June 17, 2011

Another day at the park shooting hoops


Photobucket


Photo taken from my Blackberry Curve...color & grayscale mix enhanced on Abobe Photoshop software via Windows XP version


It is a beautiful Friday morning in the park. I'm glad it is my day off from work today. This gives me the chance to perfect my jump shots, especially at the 3-point line. I felt inspired from LeBron James who could always pull it off so well from the arc in n the Finals' Games 1 and 2, respectively. The same for Dirk Nowitzki who shot his one long-arc jumper that the camera person wasn't able to capture on the screen during the NBA Finals coverage. There was this short guy like me - J.J. Barea, who can always shoot it from downtown. And when it came to the regular season, there is Ray Allen of the Celtics drilling the 3's so precisely angled. Lastly, it comes down to the Orlando Magic with Jameer Nelson doing his from downtown! ... So it finally was my turn to get things going. First, I practiced hitting the ball to the backboard at a certain angle as a way for the ball to go in. Dwyane Wade of the Heat was always getting this down pat. The same with Dwight Howard during his practice sessions. Then, I've decided to shoot the regular 2-point jumpers. It was fair enough. But I accepted to challenge myself and go with the 3-pointers. There were a couple of shots I was lucky at making, but sometimes I've made some airballs really off the trajectory. But I realized that I wasn't fully using my right hand and arm as the trigger. I started to improve by hitting the ball to the rim so often in a few attempts, but it never went in. However, that also meant I was getting it right. I had to get more inspiration in myself. There was a 1992 video that a friend filmed of me with my brother at his home. I closed my eyes and remembered how good I was at the arc. YES, that's it. I have to aim the ball right to the basket but for it to usually go directly in, the arc technique has to be used. And it worked and so forth. My last shots in a row were 3's and I was able to master it so well by the end. I guess we'll just have to see how I'll do the next time I go back to the park's basketball court. I'm proud of myself today. Every sweat and calorie burn was worth it in the 82 degree weather:)

No comments: