Monday, July 16, 2007

Push forth your success path with action, and not just by saying it.

A lot of people fail to succeed in what they wish to become because they either have that fear inside of 'em not willing to take the next step that'll ultimately change the course of their lives OR, succumbing their goals due to laziness, unfortunately. Even given the helpful, encouraging advice by those in their closest circle (like family and friends), some individuals would resort to saying, "yeah, I'll do that" verbally OR even the classy "yes" nod to them just to assure that everything's OK, but the initiative/action behind that never happens and is not executed. Seems like some people lack their long-term goal-setting standards and concentrate only on the short-term goals instead (such as downloading MP3s, being on MySpace or some other online community sitesearching for people endlessly, watching outrageous videos on YouTube, Liveleak, DailyMotion, etc. or having the need to buy something that won't be even worth it in the long run). And they won't even have the audacity to fulfill their own goals instead distracted by those elements mentioned in parenthesis. I have to admit that I was one of these individuals that backfired his own life big time. I wasn't hungry in finding a job and making a difference in myself. . However, something changed me - and it had to be a painful one to start off with. One significant event changed my life not too long ago. It was a time I thought I trusted and loved someone with all my heart - and then "boom." It was later revealed by the passing of time that I have became expendable to her life just like that (unbeknownst to me as I was agaped in shock, felt disappointed and gripped with my own emotions). I realized how much I've sacrificed (and invested) a huge chunk of my time and efforts to be there for someone who never really seemed to truly love me in the first place and that I ended up also being my own worst enemy (forsaking myself). You know what though, bless her heart no matter what transpired. I got no friction or grudge whatsoever. It is what it is. Really, if it weren't for her and the events that circulated, I wouldn't be on this journey to find myself. So that's something I have to thank her for. I'd probably still not push on my success and just continue to say words in order to pretend to everyone that I'm succeeding. But you know what. Something happened in the coming times ahead. It seemed like this setback was leading to a grateful cause. I started morphing into someone new, someone fresh who have isolated himself from the public eye he was once compatible with. I let go of the pain and focused now on my own standards and goals more than ever before. It was time for me to help myself. And here I am. I'm no longer the fellow that would say "yes" to something and not do it. I'm the opposite now. I am my own motivator, my own best friend. As I'm still living proof with a good health and peace of mind, I realize it's never too late to start over making things actually happen for real this time - and with no fear or laziness. This September, I am to change my life - forever - and it's me doing this on my own free will and my own terms. It is now that I believe in setting my long-term goals (such as finding a rewarding career, an apartment to rent, etc.) which will eventually translate to my own success. That makes me - "a late bloomer." Most importantly, I'll be that responsible person that many have wanted me to be. Now their wish will, in fact, come true. But it's not about pleasing or impressing them, it's about me - and making sure that I fulfill what I have to take care of rather than leave it in the dust like in years' past.

To some of those that I know personally by heart, please do what you can to help yourself succeed. Put aside the noise, distractions and unnecessary, unimportant elements that you indulge on. Make good use of your time and effectively plan your goals. We are all growing older and not any younger, you know. This is your opportunity now to shine through ... Look back into your life dating to a few months/years ago and ask yourself if you made any progress lately. I can only give you this wonderful advice and that you alone are your own vehicle to success. Your success is something I can't run for you. You'll have to do everything from you, for you. The decisions that you'll make now will entirely shape your future. Can't let the parade of opportunities slip you by. Catch it while you still have the time!

No comments: