Saturday, July 28, 2007

Not quite what I expected.

Just this week, I used 11,000 points from my credit card in order to get a gift from the rewards program. That part was easy as I point and clicked to the item I have chosen. But you know, something tricked me. There was a particular field that I had to type my information on. Since I do not physically live in Florida at the moment, I was putting my friend's name there under the address information preceeded with 'c/o' (care of) followed with his address including the unit number to his condo. After that portion was filled, I hit SUBMIT and it seemed that things were ok because I didn't received any error messages regarding the information I filled on the fields ... Then a few days later once it arrived at its location, I received a call from the post office in Orlando saying that I was not there at that address. She was right technically because my address is still designated in Norfolk. However, I thought I filled in the fields correctly on the rewards program's website. Instead the label contained only my name (and it wasn't even followed the 'c/o' part, as well as my friend's name not showing up there) and part of his address (his unit number ended up missing). So that added a lot of confusion on the postal service altogether. So she suggested for me to change my address (via the postal service's website) back to the Norfolk one instead. That way my rewards program package will be re-routed to me starting Monday of next week ... It just comes to show that the internet can fool us all thinking we properly filled-in the necessary fields for mailing information but really, there are flaws that can make the whole process go so wrong in the end. I hope one day, there is going to be THE ERROR PAGE so that next time I know if I'm doing this whole thing wrong ... It's all good now. It'll be sent to me. It's on it's way.

No comments: