Monday, June 11, 2007

My Message To All.

In a world that's now being filled with greed, power, and money from all around (i.e. highly overrated/overpaid celebrities and athletes, corporate tycoons particularly those eyeing on property and even oil, companies downsizing jobs for cheaper labor -- blech!!!!), many have left the thought of what was once simple and golden. Important values that were held dear for generations and generations by our descendants and family line are now on the verge of extinction, instead replaced now with wordly possessions and the need for more materialistic things (even them multifunctional technological devices) and such just to appease our life taking it to another level. We must let go of most of these before it starts to consume us more and make us heartless and perhaps more selfish and foolish, like what it did to me (yep, I'm being honest about it). We must focus on how we can regain the quality of life to our own standards - and not by what the world, or people go through in this everchanging society. Just look around you and magnify ten times more. Do you feel like you're changing along with your surroundings and the world's? All I can say is slow down a bit with the pace, use your heart more often, give decency and respect to those around you, and instill values such as giving and helping those in need. Also, improve your quality of life realizing your own flaws and mistakes rather than saying something bad about someone (as many would do these days). Ease a bit on the technology, too, as you can save money for something more important than those ... Throughout the last couple of years, I felt like I wanted it all (all of it) . Then I realized now that there's far more important things to improve my life upon besides those ... Living life is simply amazing especially on how we can control it all on our own terms and by our own means :)

2 comments:

TRENT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TRENT said...

Oh dear gosh...your whole bit on focusing less on materialistic things really does ring a bell, especially in the tormented state of mind I have recently found myself. There is a hole inside of me that cannot be filled by these gadgets...and that is basically what I am suffering from.

But at the same time, I find myself so deep in my own torment that it seems tech toys are the only way to solace for me...at least for right now. I am going through a lot (maybe a quarter-life crisis) to the point where I feel the need to no longer "be". Life seems to require too much effort to think or breathe or feel, and so I go on wishing I could be like a robot with no sense of emotional depth. As of right now life hurts so much I would like to freeze EVERYTHING around me just for a moment of peace.

Although I am definitely guilty of falling into the materialistic drivel of our money-driven society, I truly understand where you are coming from with this profound message. Take care and be well my friend.